Thursday, September 22, 2016

How I only ate one meal in the entire day

  After my four hour homework marathon, I lied down calmly on my bed, daydreaming about how wonderful my next day was going to be. It was going to be a day 2 the next day, and I would be going on a field trip to barn on the beach, moreover. I soon let my drowsiness take over. I had a nice sleep; my expectation on my supposedly wonderful day blockaded nightmares from invading my dream. This, however, ended shortly. I had to wake up early for my basketball coaching course in the morning. I woke up tardily and sat on the bed for about ten minutes. Due to this delay, i couldn't have breakfast, not even a slice of bread.
  At lunch, i worked for a chemistry lab immediately after my second block, A lab that we had restarted three times and still not satisfied. Time was limited, i had to finish the lab quickly so that i could leave for barn on the beach on time. I worked until the last minute i could at the lab before rushing to the bus stop. The lab and the bus ride was smooth, so i let this false sense of security fooled me.
   My friends and I arrived with some spare time. We saw a burger place, a restaurant which looked just like other burger franchises, and decided to quickly fill our empty stomachs. My friends didn't eat lunch while waiting for me impatiently since i promised to eat lunch with them around the show's area. This place, however, wasn't like any other fast food restaurant. Not only was it a bit more pricy, it was more like a "intermediate-fast food". My friends and I noticed the time was running, but we didn't want to hasten the restaurant. When we received our meals, we had five minutes to get to the theatre tent. I put my juice into my paper bag along with my burger and fries to free my hands for running. Trained by all the fitness testing we've done, we made there on time (almost fainted).
  Everyone stared at us for what we had done: scaring Ms. Penny for being late. No, they stared at us because we made it in time while being able to buy food. I bet they all want some of it. As i proudly open my paper bag, i sensed some stickiness on my food. The juice spilled all over the place! I didn't have time to rescue my food since the show was starting and i couldn't come back once the show had started. I dumped the food into the garbage can, keeping my half full juice. During the entire show, i battled against hunger and desolation.
It wasn't until six o'clock that i finally bought a dinner at togo sushi. On top of that, togo made me wait for another thirty minutes and gave me a worse California roll than the ones i criticized last year in my English 10 blog with Ms. Kwan.


3 comments: